This week I have been working on my
wiki page and I have learned a lot about how to build a website with Google
websites. Researching how to build a
good site has a lot more details than I originally expected. For example the
placement of pictures in the text helps the reader because it makes the website
more user friendly. This is important because
the more user friendly you website is the more people will visit your
website. However too many pictures on a
website can be confusing and can make a website not user friendly at all.
Some other things that make website
user are good content. This means having buttons and icons in good position
where people will naturally look. This
can be kind of tricky because not everyone thinks a like but there are some
things that can be placed in common areas such as the home button and log
out. I learn something new every day about
how to build a more effective website I really have found this class to be very
helpful.
I haven't heard of Google websites before. It will be interesting to learn more by reading your wiki. I've worked with many Microsoft products where I have created brochures, newsletters and flyers. This also entails creating content that is pleasing to the reader. It can be challenging to predetermine what others will find appealing. I think creating a website would be challenging and a lot of fun. Enjoy the challenge. I agree that this class is very helpful.
ReplyDelete