Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blog 6 Linked in group Twitter Group



LinkedIn
The group that I joined in LinkedIn is Heath-care, the reason is that this group has many interesting topics that deal directly with topics in healthcare. For example one of the article is from NPR about how DNA test have solved two medical mysteries.  This article and other like it are very technical in the field of healthcare and I find them useful as a health care professional. Below is a link to the group page.
https://www.linkedin.com/channels/healthcare?goback=.nmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=nus_cha_vir_img
The main reason I chose this group is that it has many different topics of healthcare not just one topic. This is important because healthcare is a complex and ever growing profession that needs relevant information in order to grow. This is true for individuals in the healthcare field as well we need good reliable information in order to perform well in our profession and groups such as this help to keep us informed.
One thing that I have learned from this group is that healthcare if very complex because it not only includes how the body works but also how the mind works and how people deal with day to day stress and relationships. This site helps me to tie it all together and have a deeper perspective about healthcare in general.



Twitter


The person I am following on twitter is KHNews which is Kaiser Health News. I joined this group because it covers both policy and politics. Both policy and politics are very important to healthcare because often politics plays a large role in policies used by the healthcare industry. To date the largest political change is Obama care which has shifted major policy throughout the healthcare system.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment