Learning with Technology
Looking
back in the past I can remember when taking classes consisted of only books and
paper. Today however, we have apps for our smartphones and tablets as well as
our computers. Some will argue that all
this technology has made learning more difficult, because there are so many new
things to remember such as how to log in, and use new software online. However
my experience has been just the opposite. Technology has made many things
possible for me that would not have been possible if I had not used technology
to learn with. An example of how
technology has helped me the most would be the fact that discussion boards
online have improved my writing and critical thinking skills. I can remember
the first time I took a class that used blackboard. I was so frustrated for the first couple of
days because I could not navigate the site with ease. I remember just staring at the screen trying
to remember how I got to the page I was on previously. Over time though I got really good at using
blackboard and found that it was helping me to improve my writing and critical
thinking skills. Today I would not want to learn any other way then with
technology. Using technology has opened
many doors for me, and I believe will open many more for me in the future.
I can relate with you because I have seen how technology evolve from just a simple paper and reporting presentation to a multimedia interaction, conferencing and even blogging. Information today can be widely spread in just a couple of seconds. I liked what you said about technology that has made many things possible for you that would not have been possible if you had not used technology to learn with. I have personally encountered that moment when I first try to figure out how to use moodle and when I first started my online courses. Without technology, I believe that learning will be difficult and I will be personally left behind with new things in this world. I can see how your life has influenced your use of technology because you started learning from simple things to huge and complicated way of learning and educational system. Good for you that technology brought you a good impact on your learning and did not brought you elsewhere. I can see how learning and technology have influenced you because of who you are today. I know that without your determination to learn and indulge with technology, you will not improve your skills in it.
ReplyDeleteI can relate with the experience you have because technology has helped me a lot in learning things and discovering newly innovative ways of education. I appreciate how technology was used in learning as I enrolled in this university. Being equipped with technology will bring you to the peek of success in your career. I liked what you said about your experiences with technology. I do appreciate how you have realized the importance of it. I can see how your skills have influenced your use of technology because you have mentioned that you started from a little knowledge until you tried to learn step by step. I can also see how your learning about technology helped you to grow and become competent in many ways. Literacy in technology is just fundamental factors. Going deeper into its usage, functions and what it can do to you that will bring you to where you want to go.
ReplyDeleteI liked what you said about people thinking of technology and how it makes live harder which isn't true, because many people now a day can't live without technology being a part of their routine and delay lives. The ability to get knowledge as easy as pressing a key and looking for things got much easier. I remember flipping pages and pages trying to find something and wasting many hours on one subject, were now you can look up many different subject and learning many different things while you're sitting at home. Technology has become part of our existence and without it life would be much difficult. Schools and Universities are trying to become part of this technology by creating different ways of communicating with their students and make them engage more in the learning process.
ReplyDelete